Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful soup flavored with meatballs, fresh garlic and fresh spinach.
Make and share this Light Italian Wedding Soup With Turkey Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup dry parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- In a bowl, combine turkey, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Using 1 tablespoon for each, roll mixture into meatballs.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes with juice; bring to a simmer. Add meatballs; cook, without stirring, until meatballs float to the surface, about 5 minutes.
- Add as much spinach to the pot as will fit. Cook, gradually adding remaining spinach, until wilted and meatballs are cooked thru, about 5 minutes more. Thin soup with water or more broth if desired; season with salt and pepper. Serve soup sprinkled with more Parmesan.