Coconut oil and calorie free sweetener make the cookies lighter than the traditional ones..
Make and share this Light Italian Pizzelles recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool. Heat the pizzelle maker.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the cooled melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut extract and water.
- Sift flour and baking powder then add to the egg mixture. Batter will be sticky. If batter is too thick, add a bit more water.
- Spray a small cookie scoop inside and out with a no-stick cooking spray. Drop a scoop of cookie dough onto the centre of the hot pizzelle machine. I cook mine for between 60 seconds and 70 seconds. Each machine heats differently and it depends on how dark you like your Pizzelles.
- Place Pizzelles on a cooling rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container to keep crispy.
- NOTE: Use a calorie free sweetener that replaces sugar cup for cup. If you are using regular granulated sugar instead of the sweetener, do not add the 1/2 cup water.