Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is an easy recipe for Chai tea that can be served hot or cold! For an added boost, try adding a shot of espresso or instant coffee to make a "dirty Chai" :)
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated baking splenda artificial sweetener
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix 3 teaspoons vanilla extract into the sugar, mix well with a fork.
- Next, fold the splenda into the vanilla/sugar mix, combining well. Let the mix dry, then break the sugar mix back into small lumps.
- In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla sugar mix, and instant tea.
- Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- In a blender or food processor, blend 1°C at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
- To serve: Stir 2 heaping Tbs. Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water. For iced chai, mix the 2 Tbsp Chai mix with a bit of hot water until the mix dissolves, then add cold water or milk plus ice & shake or stir well.