- 2 cups canned chick-peas
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Puree beans and garlic in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, cumin, salt to taste, and yogurt.
- Blend until thoroughly smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.