Recipe by Kenzie
This is a take on the Chinese soup. You can add chicken if you like... The holy trinity is the key, be sure to let the celery and carrots simmer for tenderness... Very good.. Make as hot or mild as you like!
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (preferably shitake)
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I use red)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil, add garlic, carrots, celery and onion season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Saute until onion is transparent.
- Stir in tomato paste to combine, add mushrooms and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes or carrots and celery are tender.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce and cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, then add cabbage reduce heat add hot water and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with sliced green onion on top.
- This is only 3 points on Weight Watchers Diet as well!