Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This main dish salad combines tangy mustard with sweet mandarin oranges, The thick dressing coats the chicken with flavor. The recipe come from Cooking Light.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 12 slices cucumbers (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan, discarding liquid and solids and cool chicken slightly.
- Shred with 2 forks to measure 3 cups.
- Combine egg substitute and the next 6 ingredients (egg substitute through garlic) in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Place the chicken and the honey mixture in a medium bowl, toss to coat chicken.
- Line plates with salad greens, and top each serving evenly with chicken salad, cucumber, tomato wedges, and orange slices.
This made a nice,light chicken salad, especially with the lettuce, fruit and veggies. Different from the usual chicken salad. I also tried the honey mustard dressing just over lettuce, and I liked it very much for a light dressing!