Recipe by Lil'Sis
from www.jennieo.com/recipes I made one bitch batch of gravy sauce, about 6-8c. then, used half for the recipe, and used the other half for topping off the dishes.
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jarfat free turkey gravy
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup frozen tiny peas
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared frozen mashed potatoes, using skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 10-inch oven-proof skillet with cooking spray. (If skillet is not oven-proof, wrap handle in double thickness of aluminum foil). Place over medium-high heat; add garlic. Crumble extra lean ground turkey breast into skillet. Cook the turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer. Add to the crumbled turkey basil, thyme leaves, salt, if desired, and black pepper. Add gravy, corn, and peas; simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until vegetables are defrosted and mixture is very hot. Spoon mashed potatoes around edges of mixture leaving a 3" opening in center.
- Transfer skillet to broiler and broil about 4"-5" from heat source for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; return to broiler and broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.