Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light cheese spread tastes similar to the expensive, higher-fat versions sold in grocery stores. Serve with raw vegetables or crackers.
- 2⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley, divided
- Place the cottage cheese in a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and blend briefly to combine.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mix in the chives, parmesan cheese, garlic, marjoram, basil, pepper and 3 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Place in a small decorative bowl and sprinle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley.
Just the right blending of herbs. I used a cream cheese with nonfat yogurt spread instead of the light cream cheese. It is very spreadable and made excellent dippling.
This was a good low-fat dip, and I don't even like cottage cheese! I think it might be nice on sandwiches, too.