Use rye or pumpernickel bread and Swiss cheese for variety. Note correct method of preparing the bread in step 1.
- Arrange bread slices on flat surface.
- Spray 1 side of each slice with the butter cooking spray or spread with 1 teaspoons of the light butter or reduced-fat margarine.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and place sandwiches in it.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich in half, and serve hot.