- 8 slices whole wheat bread (whole-wheat or multigrain)
- 8 teaspoons light butter (light or reduced-fat) or 8 teaspoons margarine (light or reduced-fat)
- 6 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese (nonfat or reduced-fat) or 6 ounces American cheese, thinly sliced (nonfat or reduced-fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange bread slices on flat surface.
- Spray 1 side of each slice with the butter cooking spray or spread with 1 teaspoons of the light butter or reduced-fat margarine.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and place sandwiches in it.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich in half, and serve hot.