Recipe by Dingo888
This vegetarian and light Greek Orzo Salad recipe came from The Fresh 20 website. It was super easy to make and full of good flavor. I ate it as a main course, but it also could be eaten as a side dish. Personally, I left off the lemon, but I have included it on the recipe since the original called for it.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water with a heavy pinch of salt to a boil in a medium pot. Add the orzo and cook until aldente (about 6 minutes). Drain and return orzo to the warm pot.
- Add garlic, lemon juice & zest, spinach, red bell pepper, chopped olives, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and seasoning to the orzo and stir to combine over the still warm burner (heat off).
- Taste and adjust salt & pepper.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fat free feta on top.
- You can make this vegan by omitting the feta and adding some slices of avocado.