Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A spur of the moment experiment!
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper
- 250 g macaroni (I used Gluten-free)
- 1 1⁄2 cups edam cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Whilst oven heats, place spinach, onion and evaporated milk in a large pan on the stove. Mix.
- Add beaten egg. Mix.
- Add cumin seeds, garlic salt and pepper. Mix.
- Heat these ingredients gently.
- Add macaroni (which I didn't pre-cook. Mix.
- Add cheese. Mix.
- Allow cheese to melt, then transfer all ingredients to baking dish. You may want to sprinkle some cheese on the top.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with green salad if desired.