Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Light Fruitcake III
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 lb candied cherry (whole)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs dates, chopped
- 2 lbs pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add fruit and mix well to coat with flour.
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add fruit-flour mixture and nuts. Mix well with hands.
- Grease tube pan. Line with brown paper; grease paper.
- Bake at 275 degrees about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. Let cake stand in pan about 10 minutes. Turn out on rack to cool.