Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't know how low fat these recipes are, but they have less butter and eggs than most Fruitcakes.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup orange, pineapple or
- apricot nectar
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup candied cherry, left whole
- 1 cup dried apricot, quartered
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of
- 2 (8 ounce) jars mixed fruit
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add grated orange and lemon rinds.
- Add sifted flour mixture alternately with fruit juice. Mix well.
- Stir in pecans and fruits.
- Pack into a greased and wax paper lined 9 x 13-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven at 250 degrees for 3 hours or until cake tests done. Cool on rack. Remove from pan.
- Wrap cooled cake in foil to keep moist.