Recipe by Stardustannie
Nice hot or cold served with a salad. A great way to get the kids to eat an assortment of vegetables. Recipe from Super Foods Ideas (Australia)
Top Review by echo echo
Made this for supper. I substituted canadian bacon for the ham. I don't buy self-rising flour, so substituted 1/2 cup flour + 3/4 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp salt. It rose fine and the taste was lovely. I didn't measure the parmesan so probably used more than the recipe states. Who cares? It was a great weeknight supper!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped light ham
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine zucchini, capsicum,mushrooms, ham, cheese, onion and parsley in large bowl.
- Add flour, eggs and pepper.
- Blend well.
- Spray an 18 x 28cm ovenproof dish with a little oil.
- Spread mixture evenly into this.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for 25- 30 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Cut into portions serve with salad.