Nice hot or cold served with a salad. A great way to get the kids to eat an assortment of vegetables. Recipe from Super Foods Ideas (Australia)
- Combine zucchini, capsicum,mushrooms, ham, cheese, onion and parsley in large bowl.
- Add flour, eggs and pepper.
- Blend well.
- Spray an 18 x 28cm ovenproof dish with a little oil.
- Spread mixture evenly into this.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for 25- 30 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Cut into portions serve with salad.
Made this for supper. I substituted canadian bacon for the ham. I don't buy self-rising flour, so substituted 1/2 cup flour + 3/4 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp salt. It rose fine and the taste was lovely. I didn't measure the parmesan so probably used more than the recipe states. Who cares? It was a great weeknight supper!
I recommended this recipe recently in a forum so I thought I should get around to reviewing it. This is a fantastic recipe. It is quick to make and healthy too. I have substituted the ham with tinned salmon, bacon, cooked chicken etc. It is very versatile and forms the basis of a great frittata with what ever you have available meat or vegie wise. It is fab either hot or cold. Thanks for posting.
Very nice frittata - the addition of the flour was unusual for me, but it worked very nicely. Loved the combination of veggies.