1/5 Photos of Light Fresh Peach Cobbler
This recipe uses less fats and sugars than most cobbler recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 1/3 cup of the sugar (5 1/3 tablespoons), cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon; toss to coat peaches.
- 3Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- 4Cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat and transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.
- 6To make the topping, in a large bowl, combine flour, remaining tablespoon of sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 7Work in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 8Add milk and stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened.
- 9Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture onto peach mixture.
- 10Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 11Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Fresh Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g