Prep 18 mins
Cook 26 mins
This recipe uses less fats and sugars than most cobbler recipes.
Make and share this Light Fresh Peach Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium peaches, sliced
- 6 1⁄3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 1/3 cup of the sugar (5 1/3 tablespoons), cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon; toss to coat peaches.
- Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.
- To make the topping, in a large bowl, combine flour, remaining tablespoon of sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Work in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened.
- Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture onto peach mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
YUM! We went peach picking this weekend and had lots to use up. We made a double batch of this but cooked each one individually. One we have double wrapped to freeze. We used whole wheat pastry flour and a tablespoon of flax meal in the crust. Very good cobbler. Nice spiciness and sweetness.
Very good! I used this recipe as more of a guideline than anything else. I substituted granulated splenda for the sugar, and omitted the butter completely. Came out very, very good. The topping would have obviously been more light and flakey with butter, but I'd rather cut off the 300 calories out of the recipe. Worked very well with granulated splenda!
This was great right out of the oven with a little whipped cream on top. I must have added too much milk in the biscuit topping but it was still very good. I will definately make this again. I might add some blueberries with the peaches.