Recipe by Chef Lotus
This recipe is so easy & versatile, can be used for a sponge cake, cupcakes or just add some unsweetened cocoa and voila a chocolate cake!
Top Review by Ilovemy4kids
In my haste to get a cake baked in time for my children's snack, I failed to read and reread the directions carefully. After mixing in the eggs, oil and sugar AND MILK, I then proceeded to sifting flour, salt and baking powder only to realize that there was no mention of what to do with the milk!! Try as I could, the batter would not get light and fluffy. Since it was too late to rectify, I went ahead and baked the liquid batter anyway. The cake did rise a little, but it tasted wet and eggy. The taste was actually very nice, so I guess if this had been made correctly, ( maybe the milk need to be added in alternately with the flour to the egg mixture?), it would have resulted in an actual fluffy sponge cake. I would also like to ask whether the 120 ml of warm water mixed with the chocolate takes the place of the milk? I will try making this again because my daughter did like the taste of this cake. Thank you for posting.
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml cooking oil
- 125 ml milk
- 175 ml sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F).
- Grease non stick cake pan
- Beat together eggs, oil and sugar, beat until light & fluffy.
- Add flour, salt & baking powder.
- Mix well with electric beater.
- Pour into baking pan & bake for approx 15-20 minutes.
- PLEASE NOTE: For a chocolate cake add 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa to 120ml warm water & add to mixture, note that chocolate cakes should take another 10 minutes to cook.