Recipe by Chef Gorete
Great with real maple syrup or just on their own....delicious.
Top Review by mnature911
Light and fluffy, very flavorful-everything I want a pancake to be. I halved the recipe for me and hubby-and wish I hadn't! I could have devoured more! I can't wait to make these for the grandkids!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Melt the butter, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, then whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, milk, eggs & vanilla together. Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk just until most of the lumps are gone -- do not over mix.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Heat a grill or non-stick frying pan on medium heat, then add a touch of oil. Gently scoop approximately 1/4 cup batter and form your pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook until until desired colour is reached. I prefer to make 3" pancakes, but you can make whatever size you like.