Recipe by kmergirl
I have been making this banana cake for many years. It's fool proof. The recipe is really easy. The cake is always light and fluffy. It's just yummy!!
Top Review by nleewebb
I am amazed! My only change was to put 1/2 batter in prepared pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar & chopped pecans, then topped with remaining batter. So muc easier than the banana cake I used to make! And nobody missed the old heavier cake. Thank you!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Jiffy baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana, over ripened and mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, vanilla and oil. Beat on high speed 2-3 minutes.
- Add Jiffy mix and mashed bananas. Beat until well blended.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean.