Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this banana cake for many years. It's fool proof. The recipe is really easy. The cake is always light and fluffy. It's just yummy!!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Jiffy baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana, over ripened and mashed
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, vanilla and oil. Beat on high speed 2-3 minutes.
- Add Jiffy mix and mashed bananas. Beat until well blended.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean.
I am amazed! My only change was to put 1/2 batter in prepared pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar & chopped pecans, then topped with remaining batter. So muc easier than the banana cake I used to make! And nobody missed the old heavier cake. Thank you!
I subbed Bisquick for the Jiffy mix and butter for the shortening. The cake was easy to make, moist , and tasted good. I made a cream cheese frosting but it really doesn't need anything.