Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is similar to marshmallow fluff in texture, I use this on my Wonderful Angel Food Cake it will also work on any cake, use any flavor extract for this and add in food colouring of choice if desired, I like to use coconut extract and add in shredded coconut to the icing and sprinkle more on top of the cake for decoration :)
- 2 egg whites, room temperature (use whites from exta large or jumbo eggs)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or use extract flavor of choice)
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, water, cream of tartar and salt in the top of a double boiler over water that is at a hard boil.
- Start beating immediately with a beater until the mixture stands at stiff peaks (this may take a while so do not give up!).
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla or almond extract and food colouring (if using) continue to beat until the mixture is thick enough to spread easily on a cake.