Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine or 12 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons light margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/2
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded (6 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Drain well and transfer to serving platter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place chicken over fettuccine. Top with pepper strips; keep warm.
- Add green onions to drippings in skillet; cook 1 minute. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, milk and wine; heat to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until melt ed.
- Pour evenly over chicken, peppers and fettuccine; sprinkle with cilantro.