Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious light pasta dish. You can also add meat if desired.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, saute onion and red pepper flakes in butter until onion is tender.
- Add tomaatoes and salt; cook and stir over medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Drain fettuccine and place in a large bowl.
- Add the basil, parmesan cheese and tomato mixture; toss to coat.