Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This was a weekend concoction using left over chicken when the budget didn't stretch to eating pizza out. Not a recipe as such, more an idea. It was an immediate hit at our place. I use a sandwich press to toast them. Great for a substantial breakfast on the run. Can use anything of course to fill, but this is what we like.
- 2 slice bread (i like wholegrain)
- 4.92 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 59.14 ml cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 pineapple slice (tinned, well-drained)
- 29.58 ml tasty low-fat cheese (grated)
- Butter the outside of the bread slices, and fill the inside (unbuttered) sides of the sandwich as follows:.
- Tablespoon of tomato sauce, spread on one slice of each sandwich.
- Top with chicken (or ham, bacon etc) generously, then sliced (drained) pineapple, and cheese.
- Finish off with upper slice of bread, then press and toast.
- Enjoy : )).
Yum, this made a fantastic lunch. Didn't really need to 'prepare' anything, just had to take out the ingredients from the fridge. Only change I made was I used two slices of pineapple to cover the chicken (had large slices of bread). Used my panini press and pesto, lunch was served. Thank you RubberDucky AU