Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I am occasionally lured toward the centrifugal pull of Taco Bell for nothing more than their bean burrito, but after realizing that I can make something lighter and better at home, I came up with this! It's a quesadilla! It's a buritto! It's...a quesaditto!!
- 1 small flour tortilla (I like Trader Joe's low-carb, low-cal version)
- 1 teaspoon neufchatel cheese
- 2 tablespoons pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chili, minced (or jalapenos if you like it hot!)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded (I like a mix of pepper jack and mild cheddar)
- hot sauce (I adore Frank's Red Hot)
- Spread neufchatel cheese on tortilla.
- Add beans, mashing some with a fork and leaving some whole.
- Pile on onion, chiles, cheddar, and a dash or two of hot sauce.
- Either microwave for 45 seconds, roll like a burrito, and consume immediately, or fold like a quesadilla and toast in a hot skillet or in toaster oven for 4 minutes, flipping half-way through to crisp both sides.
- Do it all over again. You know you want to.