1/1 Photo of Light(Er) Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This is my trimmed and more diet friendly version of Cajun Chicken Alfredo. A few simple substitutions make a creamy favorite something for the one on the diet to enjoy as much as the one who just wants flavorful creamy spicy pasta. I adapted this recipe from one by Guy Fieri. Now this would still be a bit of a treat but it is about 400 calories lighter per serving than it's full fat relative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1lb)
- 1 (350 g) package fresh linguine
- 1/4 cup blackening seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 2 1/2 cups light cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped coarsely (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Place chicken and blackening spice or Cajun spice in a bag and toss to coat.
- 2In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, cook chicken until blackened on the outside (blackening spice will turn black, Cajun will not, if you are using cajun spice just cook chicken as you normally would) There will be fumes from the blackening spice, you may want to turn on a fan. The chicken is also wonderful done on the BBQ and the fumes are better if outside.
- 3Remove chicken and slice into bite sized pieces (if it is still a bit pink in the middle do not worry, it will cook more in the next step) and add back into the pan.
- 4Reduce heat add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and saute until garlic starts to brown. De-glaze the pan with the wine.
- 5Add cream, bring to just about a boil and simmer until sauce begins to thicken, coaxing it along by adding the Parmesan.
- 6Stir in linguine and green onions or chives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light(Er) Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.4
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 436.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: