Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Roll this easy-to-stir pastry as thin as possible to stretch the servings and save calories- great for pie crusts and tarts. And when measuring the flour, be sure to spoon it lightly into the measuring cup, and sweep off excess. Posted by request, from 365 Easy Low Calorie Recipes.
- 1 cup flour, lightly spooned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Combine flour and salt in bowl.
- Pour oil and juice/milk into a measuring cup; add all at once to flour.
- Stir with a fork to mix.
- Press into a smooth ball, then flatten into a 4-inch disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- To form pastry into a single crust, cut 2 strips of wax paper, each 12-inches square.
- Dampen countertop to prevent slipping.
- Put down one square of paper, set dough on it, then top with second square of wax paper.
- Roll out gently to edges of paper, to make an 11- to 12-inch circle.
- Peel off top paper.
- Invert pastry over pan and ease into place.
- Trim excess to 1/2 inch beyond rim and fold edges over.
- Flute or crimp edges as desired.