Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I made this for a family dinner yesterday and it was a huge success!
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced, peeled, (or canned peaches or 8 apples)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries (if using peaches)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and core apples, if using.
- Cut peaches or apples into 1/2-inch wedges and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and toss until evenly coated.
- If using peaches, mix in berries.
- (Blueberries will turn the apples gray.) Press down firmly in a 9-inch pie plate. In a medium-sized bowl, stir flour with rolled oats and brown sugar.Slowly add butter, working in with a fork.
- Carefully mound on top of fruit and gently press into surface. Bake in centre of preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until fruit is tender when pierced with a skewer.
- This crisp is wonderful served warm with ice cream or yoghurt cheese
I'm really surprised this has never been rated! I don't usually make things that don't have ratings. Bad, I know, but I'm not terribly experienced and need the helpful hints. Nonetheless, I tried this because it was a recipe with the ingredients I had on hand. I needed to use up peaches and blueberries. I only had 2 peaches and a small handful of blueberries, so I used a smaller dish than a 9" pie plate. I left the topping measurements the same, because there is no such things as too much crisp. This was super easy and super tasty. I'm having to stop myself from not eating the whole thing myself.