Recipe by CrAzYcOoKeR222
These are very good and lower in fat and calories than regular brownies.
Top Review by seesko
These were very good and I loved that they were lighter. I would love to try them with splenda next time and see how they turn out. Thanks for a great "Light" brownie. YUM! Made for Share the Love Photo Tag 2009.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 cup chips, sugar, applesauce and margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in egg whites.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining morsels and nuts.
- Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16- 20 minutes or until just set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack and cut into bars.