Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very good and lower in fat and calories than regular brownies.
Make and share this Light Double Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat 1 cup chips, sugar, applesauce and margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in egg whites.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining morsels and nuts.
- Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16- 20 minutes or until just set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack and cut into bars.
These were very good and I loved that they were lighter. I would love to try them with splenda next time and see how they turn out. Thanks for a great "Light" brownie. YUM! Made for Share the Love Photo Tag 2009.