These are very good and lower in fat and calories than regular brownies.
Make and share this Light Double Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1 cup chips, sugar, applesauce and margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in egg whites.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining morsels and nuts.
- Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16- 20 minutes or until just set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack and cut into bars.
These were very good and I loved that they were lighter. I would love to try them with splenda next time and see how they turn out. Thanks for a great "Light" brownie. YUM! Made for Share the Love Photo Tag 2009.