Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lightened up version (if there can be one) of Ding Dong Cake that I found in Illinois Country Living. My family likes it for a twist on our usual rotation of chocolate desserts. :) Prep time does not include refrigeration although it does not take long since you use instant pudding.
- 8-9 Ding Dong Chocolate Snack Cakes
- 226.79 g package low-fat cream cheese
- 118.29 ml sugar (can substitute with Splenda)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 453.59 g Cool Whip Lite (divided)
- 2 (56.69 g) box sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 28.34 g box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 709.77 ml low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml mini chocolate chip, if desired
- Slice Ding Dongs in half lengthwise and place in a 9x13 pan, cream side up.
- Soften cream cheese and mix with the sugar, vanilla and 1/2 of the Cool Whip.
- Mix until smooth and spread over the Ding Dongs.
- Mix all three puddings with the 3 cups of milk. When thick, spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.