Recipe by dosbahr
Ideal for parties served with crackers or baguettes. Can also be served as appetizer. Decorate with fresh dill and powder with paprika. Prepare at least 5 hours ahead of time, more convenient the day before entertaining. Quick and easy. You may substitute the salmon with any white fish.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup natural yoghurt (no sugar or sugar substitute added)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise (regular mayonaise can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam fish in 1/3 cup water for 10 minutes,
- Remove salmon from pan and mince it. Reserve fish water.
- Dilute gelatine in 2-3 tbsp cold water and pour into hot fish water.
- Add lemon juice to the above.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Add minced fish and gelatine mix.
- Taste. Add salt, Tabasco and/or lime juice if necessary.
- Pour into a covered jello Tupperware container and refrigerate.