Recipe by luv_yoo_lotz
This recipe is a great way to start off the day without the cholesterol or fat of a whole egg without sacrificing any of the flavor! Usually egg white omelets are really bland unless you stuff them with cheese, which cancels out the entire purpose of using egg whites. Anyway, wanting a delicious egg white omelet for breakfast one sunday morning, i whipped this up and was astounded with its amazing flavor! Using a lot of veggies kept me full until lunch, and the protein in the egg whites kept me going all day. Enjoy! This recipe can be easily altered by adding meat or different vegetables, i am a vegetarian so i didn't put any meat in. Also, change the cheeses to whatever you like, i used mozerella to keep the flavor mild. Note: Braggs liquid aminos is a healthy soy sauce substitute that adds protein and flavor to any desired dish. It can be found at most regular grocery stores and if not, at any health food store. If you don't have braggs, use soy sauce to taste on top of omelet. It sounds weird, but adds delicious flavor to the omelet!
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Braggs liquid aminos, on top
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Prepare all vegetables before hand, slicing mushrooms, chopping broccoli into small florets, and dicing tomato. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium sauce pan, grease with non fat no stick spray. Let pan heat up, and add in four egg whites. Let cook until it begins to set slightly but still has clear coating, and add in salt, pepper, cumin, rosemary, cheese and vegetables.
- 3. Let remaining egg white cook through, fold omelet.
- 4. Plate omelet, and top with desired amount of braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce. Enjoy!