Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are light and fluffy dumplings that are quite easy to prepare. They don't tend to be as heavy as other dumplings.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup butter and bring to a boil.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix water/butter mixture in until it forms a ball.
- Add 1 egg at a time to dough mixture. Mix in first egg thoroughly before adding the 2nd egg and mixing it inches Dough should be light.
- Add in chopped parsley.
- Bring 8 cups of broth to a boil. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into boiling broth and cook for 20 minutes.
These are very light and fluffy. I used them in Chicken Soup and dropped by teaspoon rather than tablespoon into the hot soup. This is real comfort food. Made for PAC Spring 08. Thanks for posting CAMom.