Recipe by CAMom49
These are light and fluffy dumplings that are quite easy to prepare. They don't tend to be as heavy as other dumplings.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
These are very light and fluffy. I used them in Recipe #292569 and dropped by teaspoon rather than tablespoon into the hot soup. This is real comfort food. Made for PAC Spring 08. Thanks for posting CAMom.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup butter and bring to a boil.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix water/butter mixture in until it forms a ball.
- Add 1 egg at a time to dough mixture. Mix in first egg thoroughly before adding the 2nd egg and mixing it inches Dough should be light.
- Add in chopped parsley.
- Bring 8 cups of broth to a boil. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into boiling broth and cook for 20 minutes.