Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very la-di-da, and low fat as well. Great nosh! If you can't get in English cucumber substitute about 3 medium sized ones.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated low-fat parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons asiago cheese
- 1 thickly sliced English cucumber
- fresh parsley
- Place the cottage cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Drop about two teaspoons of the mixture onto each cucumber slice and garnish with a fresh parsley sprig.
Eadsy lovely tasty recipe. and very low cal etc etc. I used a small new cuke and added 1 tsp of Mama Africa's Zulu sauce - It is very hot but sure booted up the flavor. We love spice - others will love the recipe just as it is posted . I know this will be made again Thanks Mirjam for a winner
Easy and quick recipe! The mayo and cottage cheese mixture is so nice with the cucumber. Very pretty when served and would be great for spring/summer parties.
I amended this recipe slightly. I cut rounds of pumpernickel rye bread and spread with the cottage cheese/mayo mixture and topped with a thin slice of cucumber. It was a very simple appetizer that came together quickly and was well received.