Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe for pumpkin pie which I have sort of concocted myself. It is absolutely delicious, and unbelievably lowfat/low-calorie. It's perfect for diabetics or those watching their weight, but it tastes so yummy that most people would love it! It is a bit spicy, so if you don't like spices very much, leave out the cloves.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat egg whites well.
- Stir sugar mixture into the large bowl.
- Stir in the can of pumpkin.
- Slowly stir in skim milk.
- Stir well, until all ingredients are uniformly mixed.
- Pour into a 9-inch round pie plate that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Bake pie an additional 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove pie from oven and cool.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
soooooooooooooooooo good!! i put two graham crackers on the bottom and they baked into a sort of crust then dolloped with light whipped cream. TO DIE FOR. my favorite.
This is wonderful and the bonus is that it's VERY low calorie and virtually sugar free! I made it as written. Splenda is the perfect sweetener for this recipe because there was no after taste and even my sugar loving guests couldn't tell the difference. I topped each slice with a dollop of whipped cream. DELICIOUS!!
i made it using 3/4 Splenda brown sugar and 2% milk. This increased the calories to 118 per slice but it was seriously better than any full fat/full sugar pumpkin pie I have ever had. Used the ramekins as others suggested. The perfect end to thanksgiving meal.