Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lighter version to the conventional creme caramel
- Preheat oven to 325°F Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook without stirring until golden. Pour into 6 ramekins.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, sugar and lukewarm milk in a bowl. Pour mixture into ramekins.
- Put ramekins in a roasting pan and add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for about 40-50 minutes.
- Cool and chill in refrigerator for about 8 hours.
- Turn out onto individual plates to serve.