Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lemon and Baco's add a lift to the usual creamed spinach in this fat reduced recipe.
Make and share this Light Creamed Lemon Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 13 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons bottled imitation bacon bits or 2 tablespoons real bacon, pieces, plus
- 2 teaspoons bottled imitation bacon bits or 2 teaspoons real bacon, pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic about 6 minutes until tender.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Increase heat to high and whisk 2-3 minutes, or until mixture boils and begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
We are spinach lovers and it was so nice to find a new light way of serving it; very tasty. The garlic added the right nip.Thanks for posting.I made this for 123 Wonders Tag game. Rita
A fantastic dish that is healthy. This goes together quickly. Made as per recipe. I might add a touch of pepper flakes next time. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. Made for Photo Tag.