Recipe by KLHquilts
From "Everyday Foods" No. 19 (Jan. 2005). I seem to be the last person in the universe to have found a good reduced-fat cream cheese frosting; better late than never, I suppose!
Top Review by betsypop
I am a huge fan of cream cheese frosting and was so excited that it was so easy. I started as the recipe said, but it didn't seem like enough for my 13X9 cake, so I used a whole 8 oz package of neufchatel and estimated the powdered sugar accordingly. It was great!
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese (or other reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week; stir before using.
- Feel free to flavor with a half teaspoon of your favorite extract, or with a spice like cinnamon, or even a little cocoa powder.