Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Canadian Living. Can't wait to try it!
- 1⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1 lb low-fat cream cheese or 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle crumbs over greased 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan; set aside.
- In food processor, blend cheeses and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; blend in sour cream, cornstarch, vanilla and rind. Pour over crumbs.
- Set pan in larger shallow pan; pour in enough hot water to come 1 inch (2.5 cm) up sides. Bake in 325° F (160° C) oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove pan from water; let cool on rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
- Sauce: Bring berries, orange juice and sugar to boil over medium-high heat, stirring; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until berries pop, stirring often. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp water; whisk into sauce and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes or until thickened. (Sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
- Top each serving of cheesecake with 1 tbsp sauce.