1/1 Photo of Light Cornbread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- 2Thin the yogurt with water to make 1 3/4 cup.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4In another bowl, combine the thinned yogurt and egg whites, beat till well blended, then add it to the dry ingredients and mix the bater till blended thoroughly.
- 5Place the oil in a 9" iron skillet and heat till the oil is hot.
- 6Pour the oil into the batter, stir well, and pour the batter back into the skillet.
- 7Bake in the oven till the cornbread is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 8To serve, turn the skillet upside down on a big plate, remove, and cut the cornbread into wedges.
- 9(To prepare for Cornbread dressing, cool, cut into wedges and freeze until ready to use in recipe. Defrost before continuing.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 986.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g