Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We enjoyed this cornbread with chili. At 4 points plus/serving is also very do-able. Recipe source: Great Cooking Every Day
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk (or 2/3 cup skim milk with 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with Pam.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl (cornmeal - salt).
- Combine remainder of ingredients in a seperate bowl or large measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula transfer batter to baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 15 mintues or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
This is really good for a virtually fat free and sugar free cornbread! I'll be making this again. Thank you for sharing.