Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These brownies came from a light cooking cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine boiling water and cocoa and mix until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, egg whites, oil and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Brownies should spring back when touched.