Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light in weight these cookies are great for snacks and italian style breakfast dipped in a good caffe latte. Enjoy!
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 150 g sugar
- 100 g butter, room temperature
- 15 g baker ammonia (ammonium bicarbonate)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Place flour in a large bowl, make well in the center and place sugar, butter, 2 eggs and one yolk.
- Mix a little.
- Dissolve Baker's ammonia in the milk and add, together with salt to the flour mixture.
- Knead good onto a smooth surface.
- Roll into rectangles (3mm thick).
- brush with egg white, sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut out 5-6cm squares and bake at 180 for 15 minutes.
Sorry, but these had very little flavor. My family complained that they were too bland, and dry, so I'm going to have to pass this one.