- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 150 g sugar
- 100 g butter, room temperature
- 15 g baker ammonia (ammonium bicarbonate)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in a large bowl, make well in the center and place sugar, butter, 2 eggs and one yolk.
- Mix a little.
- Dissolve Baker's ammonia in the milk and add, together with salt to the flour mixture.
- Knead good onto a smooth surface.
- Roll into rectangles (3mm thick).
- brush with egg white, sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut out 5-6cm squares and bake at 180 for 15 minutes.