Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Copied it out of a magazine in a doctor's office but I didn't jot down the name of the magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk, reserve 2 tbsp
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Place coconut milk in a medium saucepan, reserving 2 tablespoons and add the water, garlic and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in rice.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in reserved coconut milk and sprinkle with basil.