Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This moist coffee cake uses whole wheat flour and little oil, but you can't tell that its a healthier version!
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 8 inch or 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and egg or egg substitute.
- In another bowl, stir together both flours, white sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Mix together all topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 18-28 minutes, depending on size of pan used. Check with knife near center to see if comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks and store in airtight container.
- NOTE: I used a 9 inch flexible baking mold and it was finished in 18 minutes. It will take longer baking time if using 8 inch pan.