Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from one of the elderly ladies my mom cares for. I have yet to try it, but can't wait!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- 9.85 ml grated orange rind
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml oil
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 177.44 ml raspberry jam or 177.44 ml raspberry jelly
- 14.79 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml chopped walnuts
- 28.34 g semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- In a food processor combine all ingredients from flour to cinnamon and process until walnuts are finely chopped.
- Add egg, oil and 2 tbsp orange juice until moistened. Press mixture firmly into lightly greased 11 x 7" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- In a small bowl combine jam and 1 tbsp of orange juice and mix well.
- Spread evenly over crust and sprinkle with 2 tbsp chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degreesfor 10 - 15 minutes or until jam bubbles.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Let cool completely and then cut.