I got this recipe from one of the elderly ladies my mom cares for. I have yet to try it, but can't wait!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam or 3/4 cup raspberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 1In a food processor combine all ingredients from flour to cinnamon and process until walnuts are finely chopped.
- 2Add egg, oil and 2 tbsp orange juice until moistened. Press mixture firmly into lightly greased 11 x 7" baking dish.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- 4In a small bowl combine jam and 1 tbsp of orange juice and mix well.
- 5Spread evenly over crust and sprinkle with 2 tbsp chopped walnuts.
- 6Bake at 350 degreesfor 10 - 15 minutes or until jam bubbles.
- 7In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 8Drizzle chocolate over bars.
- 9Let cool completely and then cut.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Bars
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 47.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g