Recipe by Suzie_Q
I got this recipe from one of the elderly ladies my mom cares for. I have yet to try it, but can't wait!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry jam or 3⁄4 cup raspberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking square
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine all ingredients from flour to cinnamon and process until walnuts are finely chopped.
- Add egg, oil and 2 tbsp orange juice until moistened. Press mixture firmly into lightly greased 11 x 7" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- In a small bowl combine jam and 1 tbsp of orange juice and mix well.
- Spread evenly over crust and sprinkle with 2 tbsp chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degreesfor 10 - 15 minutes or until jam bubbles.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Let cool completely and then cut.