Recipe by StevenHB
Light Chocolate is less rich then Ben's. It's supposed to be a good background for other flavors. I made it for my daughter who loves chocolate but not in preparations that are too rich (what do you want, she's seven?).
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water.
- Gradually whisk in the cocoa and heat, stirring contantly, until smooth.
- The chocolate may seize or clump- the milk will fix this when it's added.
- Whisk in the milk, a little at a time and heat until completely blended.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light a fluffly, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream, vanilla, and salt and whisk to blend.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 to 3 hours, depending upon your refrigerator.
- Transfer the mixture to you ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.